Rebel Without A Cause

I've liked them since I was little
The places where there are no people.

I've been hanging out with them all my life.
Classrooms without teachers or students.
Empty dining rooms.
Bankrupt bars.
Distant and lonely mountains.
Even in the barracks
I spent an unusual Christmas Eve
escaped like a dangerous deserter
Toasting with the echoes and the shadows
of the empty African streets
while the rest of the soldiers
hugging each other in the moved arms court
They drank and sang sad and melancholic Christmas carols.
Always far away.

Far from everything that is expected of me.
Rebel without cause... just like the movie.

Today I still walk
by streets that only their neighbors frequent
for little places where the trees are surprised to see me
for winter beaches when the rain wears a coat and scarf.
I am an eternal exile in this world that saw me born.
Without homeland, without anthem, without flags, without future...
At night, if the sky allows it, I look at some stars

And I fable with other worlds and other universes where I could be happy. 

Written by Toro Salvaje

***

Перевод на русский:

С самого детства я люблю такие места —

Где нет людей.

Всю жизнь я проводил время в подобных уголках:

В классах, где нет ни учителей, ни учеников;

В пустых столовых;

В разорившихся барах;

Среди далеких, одиноких гор.


Даже в казарме

Я провел необычный сочельник:

Сбежал, словно опасный дезертир,

Чтобы поднять бокал вместе с эхом и тенями

Пустых африканских улиц,

Пока остальные солдаты —

Обнявшись на плацу, растроганные до слез, —

Пили и пели печальные, меланхоличные рождественские гимны.


Всегда вдали.

Вдали от всего, чего от меня ждут.

Бунтарь без причины... совсем как в том фильме.


И сегодня я все так же брожу

По улицам, где бывают лишь местные жители,

По тихим уголкам, где деревья с удивлением смотрят мне вслед,

По зимним пляжам, когда дождь кутается в пальто и шарф.


Я вечный изгнанник в мире, где я родился.

Без родины, без гимна, без флагов, без будущего...

По ночам, если небо позволяет, я смотрю на звезды.